At St. Mary’s Catholic Primary school, we are committed to providing an inspiring educational experience that is aspirational for all our pupils. Our belief is that with God at the centre of everything we do, we aim to nurture our children to become the best possible version of themselves and of whom God intends them to be. ‘Learning and loving on our journey with Jesus’.
The successful Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral) candidate will:
- Excellent at managing behaviour using positive, pastoral and restorative practices
- Develop effective ways of overcoming barriers to learning and sustaining effective teaching through demonstrating effective practice, the analysis and assessment of pupils’ needs, the monitoring of the quality of teaching and standards of pupils’ achievements, and by setting targets for improvement.
The successful Assistant Headteacher (Curriculum) candidate will:
- Lead aspects of learning throughout the school, developing and employing assessment
- strategies and data analysis.
- Lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of other staff through monitoring and evaluation and through implementing improvement strategies that ensure effective teaching and learning for all pupils.
Both successful Candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of improving outcomes for pupils
- Be an outstanding class teacher and proven track record of subject leadership
- Have excellent interpersonal leadership qualities, underpinned by a firm vision for school improvement
- Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and be lead on strategic areas of development across the school
- Supportive of the Catholic faith
- Have a sense of humour
- Place the children at the heart
Please note that one of the posts will be reserved for a Catholic candidate, who will be expected to take a lead on RE throughout the school.
We are an inclusive school where staff work hard to develop the creative aspects of the curriculum and are committed to excellence, enjoyment and fun. It is an exciting time in our school as we grow our Academy Trust and we are looking for two dedicated Assistant Heads to help drive the school forward.