I am very proud to be the Executive Headteacher of Chantry Primary Academy and Whitefield Primary School. We are both values-based schools focused on empowering our pupils to be the best they can be. Here at Chantry I am supported by Mr William Rowe, Head of School. Mr Rowe is responsible for the day to day running of the school and is readily available for parents and pupils to address any queries or concerns.
At Chantry, our school ethos is built upon our unique school values (which incorporate British Values), these include unity, respect, tolerance and friendship. With high expectations and standards, exciting wow-factors and a book based learning experience, fostering a love of reading, we believe that Chantry offers an excellent educational experience for our pupils.
Chantry is a successful school which is a unique and exciting place to be. Children succeed at Chantry thanks to high quality learning experiences provided by our extensive and dedicated team. They also enjoy our creative approach to learning and feel secure in our caring school environment.
We had our most recent visit from Ofsted inspection in March 2018 which recognised that we established very high expectations of our staff and pupils. “You and your leaders have worked tirelessly to raise standards and improve pupils’ outcomes, as demonstrated in last year’s end-of-year and current pupils’ achievement information.” Inspectors also identified how well we support and care for our pupils. "Chantry Primary Academy promotes inclusion and pupil well-being extremely well. Pastoral support and nurture are at the heart of the school." We invite you to read the full report below.
At Chantry we make it our mission to provide a safe, structured, supportive environment for children to learn, flourish and grow as individuals. This is achieved through collaboration between all staff and pupils, through Chantry's Values Programme and a caring 'family' approach.
Children learn through an innovative book based curriculum, taking part in experiences and activities in our 'wow-factors' which help to create a unique learning experience for our pupils. We have high expectations of our children and we have excellent relationships with parents and carers to ensure that children are effectively supported in their learning and in their lives.
Chantry is a 3 form entry school with 90 Reception places available each year. In addition, we have 78 places for children aged 3 - 4 in our Nursery, offering both 15 hour and 30 hour placements with a full wraparound childcare facility from 7:35am to 6pm.
We have an excellent reputation of working with pupils with SEND and we provide high quality support children of all abilities with a specialist staff team to support up to 16 children with visual impairments. We also work with local schools to provide support for up to 8 children who have additional behavioural needs.
We work closely with our partner school, Whitefield Primary, as well as our other local schools as part of the West Area Partnership. We support one another in a range of ways, including the sharing of good ideas, shared staff training.
• Promote a set of strong values in order to develop children’s moral understanding and development.
• Work with ‘the whole child’ to develop children’s understanding of themselves, their values system and their part in the local community and wider society.
• Be a nurturing, fun environment where every child and adult has an equal opportunity to learn, to reach their full potential and to be recognised and valued as an individual.
• Provide a rich and exciting curriculum which takes account of children's different stages of development.
• Meet the needs of every child in an inclusive environment which promotes equal opportunity of access to the curriculum.
• Work positively with parents, governors and our community to develop a strong partnership in supporting children’s learning
• A school with excellent leadership, driven by our core values and a firm belief that all children have the right to the best education
• Amazing pupils from diverse backgrounds
• A strong, committed and supportive team of staff and governors
• Excellent opportunities for CPD and career progression
• A package of staff benefits including; AXA – Employee Assistance Package, which includes counselling, LifeManagement™ and Health at Hand , discounted crèche for staff, regular and ongoing training for staff both in-house and externally and subsidised PERKBOX membership
At Chantry Primary Academy we are confident that all visitors to our lively School will love it as much as both pupils and staff do and we pride ourselves on our warm and friendly welcome.
Mrs. Corisande Bateman, Executive Headteacher