We are a large, mixed 11-18 school in beautiful Harpenden, graded Outstanding by OFSTED. We are heavily over-subscribed and have a large and still-expanding Sixth Form. But really that tells you so little about us…………..
The reasons why this is a great place to work include the things that make us uniquely Roundwood Park, and are the same sort of reasons why we think that parents choose us for their children:
· A truly modern and inclusive school, for our students and for our staff
· It’s about the whole person. We want our student-leavers to be more than just well-qualified; we want them to be confident, positive and determined to change the world for the better. And the same for our staff; we provide great opportunities for training, development and progression, as teachers, subject leaders, pastoral leaders, support specialists……….. We have a great reputation for the training programme that we wrap around our NQTs
· Not letting go of the traditional values of smart appearance, excellent behaviour and integrity, but bringing in excitement and innovation too
· A Leadership Team who are trusted and respected by staff, parents and students, and who are highly visible throughout the school day. Accessible to all, with extensive and genuine engagement with all staff
· A sincere commitment to equal opportunity and a celebration of diversity, including in our staff recruitment. We welcome applications from all sections of our community very warmly, and we recognise the huge strength and opportunity that comes from diversity in all aspects of our make-up
· An extensive Student Voice including a Student Leadership Group with energy, ideas and responsibilities, giving students the opportunity to develop non-academic life skills and behaviours, and who showcase how closely our students exemplify our school ethos
· We think of ourselves as family-friendly, and we welcome part-time staff, understanding that work and family commitments are in a balance that ebbs and flows over time
· A genuine commitment to wellbeing for all, that has been part of our DNA going back long before ‘wellbeing’ became a slogan
· We have great facilities: extensive integration of IT, both software and hardware; light and bright classrooms; excellent access to specialist laboratories, workshops and other teaching spaces; wonderful sports facilities
· We have a great sense of fun, and we laugh a lot. Our House system is exceptionally vibrant and engaging, for students and for staff, with activities for all (often fiercely competitive, regardless of talent!)
· Our setting is truly beautiful, backing onto parkland and fields, but with a very quick train connection to central London
Have a look at the sections of our website that tell you more about LIFE, ASPIRE and the Roundwood Park Leaver, to get a better ideas of our ethos. Although there is no substitute for a visit…….
Staff benefits*. As well as being a great place to work, being a member of staff at Roundwood Park gives you:
· A salary that is aligned to STP&C and NJC pay scales and awards
· Occupational sickness and maternity/paternity schemes
· Chrome books for teachers
· Flu vaccinations
· On-site parking
· Free use of our Fitness Suite
· Cycle-to-Work Scheme
* Staff terms and conditions may be reviewed from time to time
We do not currently have any active vacancies. If you are interested in working for us please consider joining our Talent Pool below!
Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.
Are you looking for a different role at Roundwood Park School? Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.