At Southfield Primary School we work hard to provide the highest possible standards in all aspects of school life for our children within a caring, happy and safe environment and were judged as GOOD at our inspection in June 2017. Our values programme is intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school. Values within our programme, which have been agreed with the staff team, include positivity, respect, tolerance, humour and teamwork. During our inspection in June 2017, the team noted that our pupils are, “friendly, confident and sociable and enjoy their learning”.
Children learn through our book-led curriculum and enjoy taking part in a range of trips and visits to enhance their learning. We have high expectations of our children and we have strong relationships with our parents and carers demonstrating a caring ‘family’ approach to learning.
Southfield is a two-form entry primary school which currently has the capacity for 420 pupils. In addition, we also have a nursery provision for children aged 3-4. We are part of the West Area Partnership which is a group of schools within the local area. Through this close working we are able to share good practice between schools and also share staff training.
We aim to:
• Create a happy, safe and welcoming educational environment which promotes and stimulates children’s learning and which provides equal opportunity for all children to reach their potential
• Acknowledge and foster each child’s worth and individual talents, in an inclusive environment which promotes equal opportunities throughout the curriculum and other aspects of school life
• Create an atmosphere in which quality of learning can be achieved through the provision of experiences which stimulate imagination, develop creative awareness, a keenness for exploration and a quest for understanding
• Foster a sense of community, emphasising both the rights and responsibilities of all members and uphold those rules and values which are necessary to prepare children for life in a changing environment within the wider community
• To provide children with the values to have a positive awareness of what it means to be a good citizen
• Provide each individual with a strong sense of well being and belonging
• Generate respect and caring for others through helping, sharing and encouraging respect for property and the environment
• Create a partnership with teachers, children, parents and governors working together in harmony
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Southfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Southfield Primary School follows safer recruitment procedures. Applicants will need to provide 2 satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.
If you are available for opportunities within our wider family of schools, why not join our Trust Talent Pool?
Are you looking for a different role at Southfield Primary School? Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.