The Cottesloe School is a successful and oversubscribed Foundation secondary school with Sixth Form situated in the village of Wing in rural North Buckinghamshire, located conveniently for Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. All staff and students are highly valued and emphasis on student and staff wellbeing is central to our culture.
Headteacher Mr Simon Jones, MA
NOR: 1,070 including 126 in Sixth Form
Values and vision
The Cottesloe School’s staff are fully committed to maximising the life chances of all of our students by creating a rich, deep, vibrant and challenging learning experience for everyone. Our students benefit from highly qualified and exceptionally committed staff who recognise the importance of creative and challenging teaching, strong pastoral care and have high professional standards.
Our curriculum has carefully designed pathways to make sure it meets the needs of all our students. It provides an excellent range of options in GCSE and A Level qualifications supported by a range of vocational courses.
Prepare, Aspire, Succeed is borne out of a simple philosophy of what we believe is the purpose of education.
Prepare, Aspire, Succeed is what we do - it is what defines us as a school and it encapsulates all that is unique and strong about The Cottesloe School.
A focus on working towards academic excellence across the school is complemented by a commitment to providing the emotional support students need to recognise their potential. This is the purpose of The Cottesloe School’s TEAM Hub (Together Everyone Achieves More) centre. If a Head of Year identifies further support is necessary, interventions such as anger management and stress management are made available through drop in sessions or through professional counselling.
Ofsted 9-10 November 2021 - Continues to be a Good school
· The Headteacher has a clear vision for moving the school even further forwards. He is supported by talented and committed staff.
· Staff are very proud to work at the school. They feel valued because leaders consider their workload.
· Senior Leaders are ambitious for Cottesloe pupils. They expect them to ‘Prepare, Aspire, Succeed’ and pupils rise to the challenge.
· Pastoral care is a strength of the school.
· Pupils and staff treat each other with respect and courtesy. Around the building and in lessons, pupils behave very well.
· The school has strong systems in place to identify pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
· Sixth Form students are excellent role models for younger pupils.
We do not currently have any active vacancies. If you are interested in working for us please consider joining our Talent Pool below!
Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.
Are you looking for a different role at The Cottesloe School? Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.