The Radcliffe School is an oversubscribed secondary school with a Sixth Form in one of the original industrial towns in Milton Keynes. The school was built in 1956 as a Grammar School, becoming a Secondary Modern/Comprehensive school in 1958. The school changed its age of transfer in September 2005 and became a single site in 2005. The majority of buildings were built between 1956 and during the 1960s with new sports facilities added in 2017, which includes a state of the art sports hall and Astroturf. A further building phase will see a new Sixth Form building and new Reception area which is due for completion in August 2020.
Currently there are approximately 1200 students on roll which includes a Sixth Form of 150. We offer a broad curriculum providing access to both academic and practical based subjects delivered within specialist facilities. BTEC qualifications are offered at both KS4 and KS5 alongside GCSEs and linear GCEs.
A comprehensive IAG programme is in place for all Year Groups with Work Experience offered in year 10. A developing tailored Work Experience programme is also offered in year 12 and year 13.
The students are organised into vertical Tutor Groups across four Houses supported by a team of Lead tutors and, Heads of House and Assistant Heads of House. Structured Tutor Time is at the start of the school day where assemblies and Tutor Programmes are delivered.
There is an active extra-curricular provision throughout the year and there are opportunities for trips and visits for students across all curriculum areas. This includes residential and day trips both within the UK or further afield.
The school actively supports CPD for staff and is part of PIXL, utilising relevant strategies and resources across the school. Career development is important to The Radcliffe School and staff have access to a range of programmes and CPD to support their development.
We are at the centre of a vibrant and diverse community. Our vision and ethos reflects our drive, commitment and ambition for now and the future:
Building Bright Futures Together to Inspire and Achieve…
* academic excellence.
* personalised growth and development.
* a supportive ethos.
* successful community partnerships.
* personal ambitions.
* a happy, confident, learning community.
We do this by –
* Creating a safe learning environment by making sure everybody is valued and cared for.
* Challenging and supporting each other.
* Being open and honest with each other and sharing information to make the right decisions.
* Offering an enriched and varied curriculum.
* Building students’ character by developing leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative and communication skills.
* Providing learning opportunities in collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
* Valuing our differences and experiences.
* Developing community partnerships.