The Shared Learning Trust is a unique family of
5 schools, sharing our practice and beliefs to enable young people to achieve
more that than they ever thought possible.
Our aim is to provide exceptional opportunities for all to be aspirational and develop a passion and excitement for learning! We will ensure our children, students and adults cultivate a strong self-belief so that they can flourish and develop into successful, well-rounded, self-respecting people.
Our 5 academies are as follows:
The Vale Academy, Dunstable 2-11
The Rushmere Park Academy, Leighton Buzzard 4-9
The Linden Academy, Luton 4-11
The Chalk Hills Academy, Luton 11-18
The Stockwood Park Academy, Luton 11-18
We also offer a fantastic Sixth Form provision for students aged between 16-19, and this is based at both The Stockwood and The Chalk Hills Academy. Including in our Sixth Form provision is our Football Academy Pathway and brand-new Cricket Academy Pathway.
The Teaching Trust Teacher training based at The Chalk Hills Academy and is offered to all our colleagues should they be successful.
Welcome from Cathy Barr, CEO THE SHARED LEARNING TRUST
Thank you for your interest in our trust and academies and for taking the time to explore this exciting opportunity that we are excited to present to you.
I first began working for The Shared Learning Trust, as Principal of The Stockwood Park Academy. Since then, the trust has grown from strength to strength employing some 500 fantastic staff members who serve over 4,000 children within our communities. It is my privilege to be the CEO of our family of Academies and work with each Principal or Head of School to ensure the best possible education in their own academy.
Our ethos is simple; to build a collaborative partnership of academies that will provide exceptional educational provision, both in and outside the classroom for all our children. Our academies ensure students are supported, monitored and encouraged to pursue their aspirations through a wide range of enrichment activities and initiatives. The experience will be challenging, rewarding and memorable.
Students enjoy their time at our academies and give back to the wider local community. They are role models and young leaders, who contribute to the collegiate ethos with maturity.
Meet the Executive Principals
Louise Lee, Executive Principal Secondaries Bex Howe, Executive Principal Primaries
THE SHARED LEARNING TRUST THE SHARED LEARNING TRUST
Heads of School
Raza Ali, Head of School Mumin Humayun, Head of School
THE CHALK HILLS ACADEMY THE STOCKWOOD PARK ACADEMY
Tanya Knight Michelle Woodhams Ms Marea Rawlings
Head of School Head of School Principal
THE VALE ACADEMY THE LINDEN ACADEMy THE RUSHMERE PARK ACADEMY
Vision & Values
Our commitment to our vision can be demonstrated by the following values.
STRIVE, we will
• provide a caring, nurturing environment where children and young adults feel happy, healthy and supported. Our academies will be places of safety, enabling pupils to develop strong ambition and be the best that they can be.
• continue to work together to share innovative practice and to provide a wealth of opportunities for all pupils and staff
• have a cross-trust focus on high achievement and standards, where children are supported to meet ambitious targets.
• focus on the development of all of our staff through quality recruitment and retention, with excellent opportunities for clear and dynamic career progression.
ACHIEVE, we will
• aspire to provide exceptional lessons and learning opportunities, incorporating effective use of new technologies, enabling our learners to be successful and innovative.
• share strong trust approaches to our key issues, for example; teaching, assessment, attendance and curriculum development.
• offer an interesting yet challenging curriculum in each of our academies.
• by our all-through education, guarantee excellent 2-18 provision, with clear progression routes for all.
• continue to expect good behaviour and conduct at all times, allowing all to make progress and achieve excellence.
• place emphasis on collaboration with partners outside of our trust to maximise opportunities for all in our trust.
BELIEVE, we will
• enable all of our learners to develop and flourish, through close working and regular communication with our families and local community.
• care for our families beyond the school day, supporting the development of high self-esteem and belief.
• ensure that every child in our Trust reaches their full potential by providing exciting opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
• promote can-do attitudes across the Trust that develop belief and high expectation.
Careers and Training for Teachers
We recruit people for attitude and train for skills
Recruiting the right teachers and staff help us to achieve the goals we set for our children. We are always keen to hear from educators who are passionate about working with the schools and communities we serve.
All five academies at The Shared Learning Trust are a part of our Teaching Trust, which is held at The Chalk Hills Academy. We aim to offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes to new and experienced staff to support them in excelling in their career. Our programmes are facilitated by experienced school leaders, who have exemplary records in leadership and improving outcomes for their students. We are able to cater to specific requests and can offer custom-made support packages that focus on the quality of teaching and learning, curriculum development and aspects of Leadership and Management.
We currently offer 'The National Award for Middle Leaders', 'The Outstanding Teacher Programme', 'The Improving Teacher Programme' and 'The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership'.
As we are a multi-academy trust, there are fantastic opportunities to climb the career ladder. The Shared Learning Trust are a firm believer in helping all staff reach their full potential and developing their career within our academies.
If you are willing and wanting, we will do all we can to put you on the relevant courses and give you the right opportunities so you can keep achieving more in your career. If there isn't a current opportunity at your present academy for promotion, there will be opportunities to move to one of our partner academies.
The Teaching Trust
A selection of what training programmes we have to offer
· National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
· National Award for Middle Leaders
· Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme
· Outstanding Teacher Programme
· Improving Teacher Programme
· Recently Qualified Teacher Programme
For more information on our current vacancies, please contact Jay Powell HR Recruitment by phone 01582 211 226 email email@example.com or our website https://www.thesharedlearningtrust.org.uk/current-vacancies5/845.html
We are looking for a creative and innovative Teacher to join our team and play a key role in motivating and inspiring young learners. In everything we do, we aim to create a positive and safe environ...
Teacher of Science
Fantastic opportunity to join our Science Faculty, we are looking for an experienced teacher at any stage of your career.
Teacher of Resistant Materials Graphics
Join our dynamic and successful team. We are seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated teacher who will support us in raising standards of teaching and learning across the Department and Academy. You wi...
Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher to join our strong team and who will share our vision and values ‘Strive, Achieve, Believe'.
Senior Head of Year non teaching
Non-teaching role. We are seeking a confident, impactful and assured leader to monitor and evaluate the standards of achievement, attendance, behaviour and welfare across all year groups within Key S...
We have an excellent opportunity for an organised, hard-working and dedicated Administrator to join us. You will support our friendly central HR Team, responding to enquiries and service requests rel...
Receptionist Clerical Assistant
An exciting new role for to staff the main reception, switchboard within the Academy, responding to queries from the public, staff and students. Also providing administrative support in the Administr...
Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.
Are you looking for a different role at The Shared Learning Trust? Let us know you are interested in working with us by joining our Talent Pool.